Westwood Primary School > About Westwood > School Rules
All pupils are expected to:
- uphold the core values of the school.
- be polite, courteous and greet the teachers and visitors.
- be orderly and self-disciplined.
- take good care of the school property.
- complete and hand in all written assignments and projects on time.
- Attendance is compulsory for all pupils on school days. No pupil should leave early for holidays before the term closes.
- Parents and Guardians must write in to the school for permission to do so under special or urgent situations.
- Absence from school must be covered by a medical certificate which should be handed to the form teacher the day the pupil returns to school.
- All pupils should be punctual for school and all school activities.
Late for School/ Late for Class/ Skipping Lesson
- A pupil will be considered late for school if he/she is not present with the class by 7.30am.
- Pupils must remain within the school grounds once they have reported to school.
Leaving School During School Hours
- A pupil may request for early release from school if they are unwell or upon special request with a valid reason from his/her parent/ guardian.
- Pupils who are sick and would like to leave early must do so in the company of an adult, after informing the form teacher and reporting to the general office to contact his/her parent/ guardian.
- Parents/Guardians who need to take their child home must sign out at the general office.
Assembly/ Pledge Taking
- All pupils must attend the flag-raising ceremony.
- All pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- All late comers, as well as parents/guardians/visitors, who are on the school premises, should stand at attention during the singing of the National Anthem and Pledge Taking.
- All pupils must be in their school uniform at all school activities unless indicated otherwise by the school.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform. Modification of the uniform is not allowed.
- Pupils who come to school during weekends and holidays must be in school uniform or in their appropriate CCA attire.
- If there is a leg injury, pupils are allowed to wear sandals instead of their school shoes.
Hair and Personal Hygiene
- Hair must be neat and tidy at all times.
- Male pupils must be neat in appearance, clean shaven and no facial hair is allowed.
- Boy’s hair should be short and neat. It should not touch the ears and the collar.
- Girl’s hair should be above the base of the collar and neatly plaited up if long.
- The fringe should be neat and above the eyebrows.
- Nails should be kept short and clean.
- Hair accessories should be in black colour only.
- No jewellery or any form of adornment is to be worn in school.
- Boys are not allowed to pierce ear holes or wear earrings/studs.
- Girls are allowed to wear small gold/silver studs only.
- All the pupils must stand up and greet the teacher when he/she enters or leaves the classroom.
- All pupils are to leave the classroom during recess, unless accompanied by a teacher or when they are performing recess duties.
- All fans and lights must be switched off when leaving the classroom.
- All pupils must seek permission from the teacher and obtain a toilet pass before leaving the classroom during lessons.
- No pupils are allowed to eat in the classroom.
- All pupils should queue up in an orderly manner when purchasing food.
- All food and drinks must be consumed within the school canteen.
- Pupils should try to help the younger schoolmates to carry or buy their food.
- Pupils should observe good table manners.
- Used crockery should be returned to the respective trolleys at the side of the canteen.
- All pupils must finish their food/drinks before the end of recess.
- Pupils are to help maintain the cleanliness of the school canteen by throwing litter into the bins provided.
- All pupils are to assemble at the canteen immediately after recess before proceeding to their classrooms.
- Refrain from playing or running in the canteen.
- Pupils should not bring valuables and/or excessive pocket money to school.
- Pupils should not bring electronic games, cards and toys to school.
- The following items must not be brought to school: Metal rulers, sharp pointed objects, pen-knives, matches, lighters and hazardous chemicals.
These items will be confiscated and returned only to parents/ guardians.
- Pupils are discouraged from bringing their mobile phones to school. The school will not be held responsible for any loss of mobile devices.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during school hours, CCA and remedial lessons. Pupils found to be using their mobile devices without permission, during these occasions, will have their mobile devices confiscated. Confiscated mobile phones will only be returned to parents.
- Pupils are not allowed to play, run or shout in the school hall.
- Pupils should not go up the stage without permission.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the hall.
- Silence must be observed in the library.
- Pupils must learn to handle all books with care.
- All books must be returned to the proper shelves where they were taken from.
- Pupils should help to keep the library neat and tidy at all times.
- All borrowed books must be returned on time.
- Place all stools under the table before leaving the room.
- Do not tamper with the exhibits or play with the matches and gas burners.
- Do not take any teaching aids out of the room.
- Do not waste water.
- Keep the floor clean and dry. Inform the school cleaners if the toilet floors are wet and slippery.
- Be considerate to other users, flush the toilet after use.
- Do not play in the car park and the surrounding areas.
- Pupils taking school bus should have their attendance taken before boarding the bus.
- Pupils should not run across the car park to board the cars without adult supervision.