Westwood Primary School > Departments > Information & Communication Technology
Information & Communication Technology
The Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Department seeks to develop competencies in our pupils for self-directed and collaborative learning through the use of ICT and become discerning and responsible ICT users in the 21st Century. We want to build a culture of innovation and a community of reflective practitioners through ICT platforms by supporting the continuous professional learning and development of our teachers. We believe in creating a responsive and flexible ICT learning environment in school and accessibility to learning resources from home and building a strong Cyber Wellness programme in school through the MOE’s Cyber Wellness Framework. We believe in engaging partners-in-education and stakeholders in the education technology industry to enhance support for pupils’ learning.
The ICT Experience @ Westwood! The ICT Experience@Westwood is a programme through which every pupil will be equipped with the fundamental ICT skills to be a future-ready, anchor-steady individual. Through the Baseline ICT Standard Literacy Programme, pupils will be equipped with the essential ICT skills for the 21st Century and learn to be self-directed and collaborative learners. With the increasing use of technology in schools and homes, cyber wellness is aimed to develop pupils’ instinct to protect himself and empower him to take responsibility for his own well-being while in cyberspace.
|LEVEL||TARGETED SKILL(S)||Integration of ICT into Curricular and Co-curricular Subjects|
The Cyber Wellness programme in Westwood uses the Sense-Think-Act approach to develop a child’s instinct to act responsibly in cyber space. This is based on three guiding principles: ‘Respect for Self and Others’, ‘Safe and Responsible Use’ and 'Positive Peer Influence'.
- Partnership with parents to support them in understanding cyber wellness issues and risks, as well as involving parents in reinforcing cyber wellness principles at home could ensure a more effective inculcation of these principles in pupils.
- Leveraging on Assembly & FTGP as a platform to share key messages in Cyber Wellness
- Leveraging on Civics Moral Education (CME) to inculcate the right values in cyberspace
- Online Resources on Internet Safety Local
- Media Literacy Council
- Information, tips and resources by Media Literacy Council on managing online expression. https://www.betterinternet.sg/-/media/Resources/PDFs/Parents-Guides/Safe-and-Smart-Online-Parent-Guide.pdf
Information & Communication Technology Committee
Ms Li Huili (HOD ICT)
Mr Ng Zhili Gerard-Christian (SH ICT)Mdm Kee Suat Har Mrs Jasmine Wong-Koh Hwee Ling Mdm Siti Kalsom Ms Elna Bte Hussin Ms Yong Lee Min Mr Joel Ong Ms Dawn SiaMr Khoo Rong Huang Mdm Azimah Mrs May Foo
Ms Elaine Lai
Ms Chong Yoke Ting
Mdm Jennifer Long
Ms Saranya D/o Asokan